Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum amount I can contribute to a TFSA account?
- The contribution limit in 2022 is $6,000.00. Unused contribution room can be carried forward - to the end of 2022 the total contribution limit is $81,500.00, however more contribution room may exist! More information on TFSA accounts can be found here
What is the maximum amount I can contribute to my RRSP?
- Contribution limit is 18% of your previous year's earned income, to a maximum (for 2022) of $29,210.00, less any pension adjustment amount for pension plan members. Unused RRSP room can be carried forward and used in a later year. More information on contribution limits can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website
I would like to mail a cheque for deposit to my Manulife Securities account. Where should I send the cheque?
- All cheques should be sent directly to our office at: 1 – 25 Scurfield Blvd, Winnipeg, MB R3Y1G4.
I would like to make a deposit/contribution to my Manulife Securities account. Who should I make my cheque payable to?
- Please make your cheques payable to: Manulife Securities Inc.
Can I send a bank draft instead of a personal cheque for deposit to my Manulife Securities account?
- Bank drafts and money orders, with Manulife Securities Inc. listed as the payee, are accepted for deposit; however, the cheque MUST indicate in the memo line the name and account number of the bank account the funds were drawn from. More information on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations can be found here
Can I set up my Manulife Securities account for online or telephone banking?
I would like to update my address / beneficiary / banking information / phone or email address with you. How should I do this?
Every month I receive trade confirmations in the mail and I would rather not receive them! Are you able to stop sending them to me?
- Unfortunately, securities regulations state we are required to mail confirmations for all trades.
When can I expect to receive my tax slips (T4RSP/T4RIF/T4A/T5/T5008/T5013/RL1/RL2)?
- On an annual basis, all tax slips are required to be mailed to clients by March 31st.
I would really love to subscribe to your blog / newsletter / Solutions magazine but I’m not a client. Can I still subscribe so I don’t miss out on any of your exciting news?